Missouri Boater Education Requirements9th September 2013
Boaters fight to keep corn out of gas11th February 2014
You can enjoy the lake just as much as ever, and use less fuel at the same time.
Ways to reduce fuel consumption on the water:
- Don’t under power your boat
- Reduce cruising speed
- Have your engine tuned up
- Make sure you have the proper propeller
- Make sure your hull is clean
- Don’t idle at the dock for long periods
- Use trim tabs properly
- Take shorter trips
- Try anchoring out to swim, fish, or just relax on the water with friends
Boating is more than recreation – it’s a lifestyle. Don’t let fuel prices ruin your boating summer.